Saturday 18 February 2017

Painted Cats

I am having problems with purple, well violet acrylic paint. If I mix it with white it’s fine, but doesn’t behave by itself, until I water it down. But then the paint doesn’t cover the canvas very well. I need more paint.


The other day, my fight was with orange. It was too bright, then I ran out of yellow ochre and my ginger cats became day glow orange. Then the cats’ eyes went weird, still unhappy with attempt two. Resisting desire to start all over again.


Why can I have a draw full of paint, but still struggle to find any that hasn’t dried up or gone weird? Note to self, stop buying cheap little tubes of paint from The Works.</br></br>
I have a lovely watercolour set, that behaves, but I’m not very good with it. I love oil paint but don’t have the patience to let it dry, and jars half full of noxious chemicals being left around the house, is probably not good for my insurance?

Might have to start selling my work soon, or maybe open a gallery in my shed? When I look behind me, I can see a row of cat paintings staring at me. Thankfully some of them are sleeping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment